Report Official Development Assistance (RODA) is provided by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
BEIS is the data controller for the service.
What data we collect
This service collects non-personal data about how your organisation spends official development assistance (ODA) money. This includes the aims and objectives, budgets, progress and actual spend of the programmes and projects that you deliver
We collect this data from you in order to meet BEIS’ transparency objectives; to do this we will publish your data openly under an Open Government Licence v3.0.
To help us manage the service, we will collect personal data from you. This includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact us
- your name, telephone number and email address to grant access to the site
- The name and contact details of your organisation
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is anonymised before it’s stored in our server logs
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use the service. This includes IP addresses. The data is anonymised before being used for analytics processing.
Google Analytics processes anonymised information about:
- the pages you visit on RODA
- whether you act on behalf of BEIS or a third party, which third party is not collected
- how long you spend on each RODA page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address).
We will not identify you through analytics information, and we will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a way that would identify who you are.
We continuously test and monitor our data protection controls to make sure they’re effective and to detect any weaknesses.
This data can be viewed by authorised people in the BEIS and our suppliers, to:
- grant access to the service
- gather feedback to improve our services
- respond to any feedback you send us
We will not:
- sell or rent your personal data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
- use your data in analytics
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law - for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
Why we need your data
We collect information through Google Analytics to see how you use the service. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements
We also collect your personal data in order to:
- fulfill the primary function of the service to collect and publish ODA
- gather feedback to improve our services
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
Our legal basis for processing your data
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of RODA.
The legal basis for processing anonymised data for Google Analytics is to monitor and improve the service.
The legal basis for processing all other personal data is that it’s necessary:
- to perform a task in the public interest
- in the exercise of our functions as a government department
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
We will keep your email data until your access to the service is no longer required.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Data collected by Google Analytics data may be transferred outside the EEA for processing.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data - for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
Links to and from other websites
RODA contains links to other websites.
This privacy notice only applies to RODA, and does not cover other websites that we link to.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to RODA from another website
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our RODA Support Team.
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the RODA Support Team if you:
- have a question about anything in this privacy notice
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
1 Victoria Street
Telephone: 020 7215 5000
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, BEIS will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Last updated: 2 April 2020